Stenciled Easter egg design on a wood tag

Stenciled Easter egg design on a wood tag

This hip hop stenciled Easter egg design is another variation on the large wood tags I've been playing with lately. Super fun and easy - paint the tag white and sand back the edges. Then lay down some cling stencils with painter's tape in between and sponge on a few different colors of acrylic paint.



I had some cute washi tapes and border stickers in colors and patterns that played well with the stenciling, so I added those in between. Then I glued on my embroidered letters and my finished Easter egg tag was hatched. 

How cute would this be hanging from an Easter basket filled with candy? You can write the child's name and generic greeting on the back, then use it year after year. A stenciled wood tag would be cute as a creative greeting card, too.

Visit the Designer Crafts blog to see a link-up of more Easter crafts - you can add your own, too!

Stenciled Easter egg design on a wood tag