Halloween cardboard candy pots

halloween cardboard candy pots lisa fulmer
For the Designer Crafts Connection blog hop today, our theme is Halloween decorations. Of course the only part of Halloween I really care about is the candy, so I dug through my stash and pulled together everything I needed to make a couple cute candy pots.


I've had these white cardboard pop-up flower pots sitting in my stash for a few years, so it's high time I put them to good use. I also had one lonely sheet of Halloween paper left from last year, plus I always have orange and black solid cardstock on hand. Yay for crafting with my stash!

halloween cardboard candy pot lisa fulmer

First I painted the pots inside and out with just one coat of black gesso - I love the flat finish you get, and no brush strokes. Then I used some different paper punches to create my embellishments and adhered them to the pot with double-stick tape and dimensional adhesive foam pads. I had a little wood chalkboard sign on a stick from another project that I covered with paper and stuck inside a Smoothfoam ball at the bottom of the large pot. I glued Joy embroidered letters to spell "candy" on a little paper banner for the small pot. 

halloween cardboard candy pot lisa fulmer

Then I had to go out and buy candy to take these pictures...sigh. You know this open bag of candy won't make it to Halloween in my house.

Click the DCC logo in our sidebars to hop between the designer's blogs to see more Halloween decorations. Visit the DCC blog to see a link-up with even more bloggers' ideas, too!