Warhol-inspired baby photo collage

warhol inspired baby picture lisa fulmer
This month, the Designer Crafts Connnection blog hop theme is about preserving memories - with an added twist that is near and dear to my heart - using what you have on hand. Craft Your Stash, anyone?

Recently I came across my birth announcement photo - a perfect preservation project. I scanned the photo and started playing with the contrast a bit. That's when I was reminded of Andy Warhol's art, particularly the colorful versions of Marilyn Monroe's face repeated in crazy colors.


So I printed out several of my photos on to white cardstock and got out my Copic markers to play with different color combos.  I took the four I liked the most, edged them with black ink and glued them in a windowpane on a folded white card.

I think this card design is a great idea for a baby shower invite, gift card or thank you card, plus it's totally frame-worthy.

Be sure to check out the other craft projects from the designers in our hop this month - you can click through each blog by using the links in the DCC badge on each of our sidebars.