Halloween sign for the front door

halloween sign lisa fulmer

The Designer Crafts Connection is doing a bit of Halloween blog-hopping today with our friends at Fairfield - makers of Oly*Fun Fabric. I made a "Happy Halloween" sign for the front door - it measures 7.5" x 12".

First I cut 1" strips of black and orange Oly*Fun and wove them together for a checkerboard background. Oly*Fun is a no-fray material that's kind of like a blend between fabric and paper - very easy to work with whether you are gluing, taping or stitching. It has a cool pinhole texture and it comes in lots of brights and solid colors.



I sandwiched the weaving between two layers of black cardstock, then added text and pumpkins printed from my computer. I like how the lines from the orange marker I used to color in the pumpkins made the perfect texture for a pumpkin's natural ridges. I drew the spiderweb with glow-in-the-dark Puffy Paint.

glow in the dark puffy paint spider web

Lastly, I glued ribbon and black microbeads across the top and dangled a black spider...fun and done. Be sure to check out what the other designers made - hop through the blogs using the links in the DCC logo on our sidebars. You can also check out all our projects on the DCC blog - boo to you!