Saturday, December 08, 2012

Steampunk Holiday Blog Hop

Leslierahye is hosting another steampunk blog hop and it's very merry!

This collage is steampunk-light, but I really enjoyed making it...I especially enjoyed burning the paper all around the edges...mwah.

I bought the original pic of this little victorian boy from an antique store, I just love him.

It cracks me up how stately and mature he looks in this pose, when he was probably all of seven years old. But he's extra cute with his glittered santa hat and boots.

The trees, hat, swirls and stars are Tim Holtz Grungeboard, inked with Pan Pastels.

Enjoy the rest of the hop using the links below!




21 comments:

  1. a dor a ble.....you should sell boxed greeting cards for hallmark or something,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks - why in the world are we both up so late doing this? lol

      Delete
  2. Your antique find made an adorable card! So cute!! Thanks for Sharing!!

    I have a bunch of those vintage cabinet cards and have used them many times in my projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful!!! LOve the picture! Wonderfulness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picture! And LOVE the simple green trees! To. die. for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, everyone - happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! Love how he looks so serious and mature. ho ho ho. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the look on his face,,looks like one of my grandsons lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. charming little assemblage - love his hat! - and the washers as ornaments is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A kid with attitude! I love it. Great background... love all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's so funkily regal! Love the glittery shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Card love the hat and the shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like how the colours pieces stand out, from the monochrome picture (divorce papers are in the post btw) X Fab

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love your vintage collage image and how you "punked" it up. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like this very much and am feeling inspired to make a few 'burny' things for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I look forward to visiting yours, too!

related posts

Related Posts Plug-in