How to make a beaded SmoothFoam ornament

It's the first Monday of the month, and that means it's time for a blog hop with the Designer Crafts Connection!

When you're done here, click on either of the "hop" links in the DCC logo in my sidebar to go to the next blog. When you get there find the same logo on her blog and keep on hoppin' in the same direction.

This month our theme is "Handmade Holidays" so I decided to make a tree ornament with a 2.5" SmoothFoam ball.

First I painted it green and added some clear glitter. Then I grabbed a bunch of pretty green stone beads and short headpins and just started pokin' 'em in. After a while it was easier on the tip of my finger to use a metal thimble.

For the beaded pins at the top and bottom, I sank those in clear glue first for stability. I love the two glass millefiori beads at the bottom!

I made it red and green so it seemed like a Christmas ornament, but I added the hints of yellow so it didn't look too Christmasy. Now I can hang it anywhere all year long.