inspiration board

i felt like making a quick inspiration board for myself tonight. i wanted to reinforce the feelings i have about being an artist, a crafter, a creative do-er.
i began with a 5"x7" accordion blank board book, and i spritzed color wash sprays over each panel, letting two colors drip and blend. then i pulled out my scrap drawer and glue stick and started adding bits of collage papers and hand-painted papers and fabric.
i allowed myself to work quickly, i put this together in under an hour. it's very liberating and also good practice to make something without thinking too much.

i included a sticker of a picasso painting i really love, as well as my favorite quote of his:
"art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life"

lastly i added some "power words" to each panel:
• don't wait until later...be everything i can be now
• just try
• create and feel art
• live my life well
• do what i love to do!

i hope you try making an inspiration board too, it feels good! many thanks to lorraine, one of my talented friends who inspires me every day...she gave me a few of the collage papers.